Wednesday 20 January 2016

Lordy, I appear to be writing a book!



Yes,  in trying to think through the implications of the Ego Machine Symbol/Metaphor I have accumulated a lot of text and many images. If I carry on like this I shall have something that might as well be called a book unless you wanted to call it a large document in which case a dull argument would ensue. This is happening in parallel with development of the Ego Machine website whose content features largely in aforesaid document. Also, occasionally I pick myself up by the scruff of the neck and continue on the big self portrait I mentioned in an earlier post. I think the painting is too easy which is why I have to force myself to confront it. I like paintings which are going really badly because then they are a problem needing a solution. A sort of colourful Sodoku - not that I've ever tried Sodoku but you get the idea.  
The sketch above illustrates a rather literal interpretation of the Ego Machine symbol but it is informative for all that. What is commonly forgotten in the Ego Machine model is that the Ego has a voice. The funnel containing the eye stalks records onto the Ego Disc but also plays back previously recorded tracks in the same way that a needle plays back a vinyl record. Auditory vibrations played back from the record would, in this context, be heard from the mouth.  


No comments:

Post a Comment