Tuesday 5 November 2013

A space themed painting up.

The new painting is called 'Prospecting on Titan'. http://www.markpeatfield.co.uk/portfolio/page13/index.html
If that doesn't make real men clench their jaws and look skyward then I don't know what does. I've placed it in a new  'Space' part of the portfolio. I like the emerald ghostly form of Saturn hanging in the ultramarine sky (Titan's atmosphere is mainly nitrogen so it might even have a weather system). The rocket and the astronauts are an imposition in a serene and tranquil landscape. But maybe they are quiet, noble and civilised - like interplanetary monks. I learn't one important thing from painting this. I have little patience for detail. My broad and frenzied brush strokes are not suitable for the tranquil majesty of space and it will be a little while before I do another of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment