Sunday 3 November 2013

New painting! And test of blog to email functionality! FUN!

Near Centenary Mill

























Not really the bleak industrial landscape I'd planned. I think I must be warming to Preston as there is something of the magical here. It's the strangest thing. I'd carefully planned the composition and colours. The colours were going to be very similar to Melancholy 2, a sort of nauseating medley of greens and yellows as if an underwater scene. The finished product has both the composition and colours I'd wanted yet the feeling is entirely different. What happened to bleak industrial dehumanisation and alienation? I'd be quite happy to wander around this landscape and take in the crisp night air.

This painting replaces Zen apples in the Recent Paintings section which means it's available for £30 inc. p & p. while Zen apples in now in Summer where it is now £40.00
For those who are thinking of the 'lucky dip' where you order the next painting for £20 it's going to be some sort of retro space scene - a special for my Father.

This is my first attempt to have a blog sent out via twitter, facebook and email. I have no idea what it will look like. I might have to make the next one prettier. I'm trying to streamline and automate. The idea is that I paint, I publish, I paint. Not that I paint, I spend days figuring techie stuff out, I forget to eat and sleep, I publish, I leave the flat in disgust, I paint.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment