Monday 10 February 2014

An experiment

Link to Nude in box

Sitting in a Costa in Blackpool dictating this and waiting for picture framing shop to open. The latest picture started out as semi abstract after Milton Avery but with colours suggested by Rothko - namely a subdued ochre against a rich ultramarine. Half-way through the painting I noticed how uninteresting the painting was becoming. You need big surfaces for colour abstract stuff - A2 just does not have the same impact as a canvas the size of a car. Rather than bail I added texture and zing to the colours. I quite like the result and might attempt another on a larger scale. I can feel a big canvas coming on. It was only a matter of time.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Adelaide Street West,Blackpool,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment